Job Title: Functional Safety Manager
Location: Campbell, CA USA
Organization: Arteris IP
Date posted: 2020-02-05
We are looking for an experienced Functional Safety Manager with semiconductor or semiconductor IP experience and with strong quality process, hardware, and technical leadership skills to lead our ISO 26262 efforts. This person will create and execute CMMI-DEV quality processes resulting in Arteris IP products to be used in autonomous vehicles and other Functional Safety applications. He/She will also be the engineering lead for analysis of hardware semiconductor IP functional safety mechanisms and designing methodologies and products to help automate that analysis.
- Be the company’s Functional Safety Manager for all safety-related semiconductor design IP products, including the software “cockpit” used by customers to configure our IP
- Be the quality process “guru” for all product development, engineering and support activities by recommending and implementing continuous improvement plans and actions
- Define and implement functional safety and quality management processes associated with our hardware and software development, including traceability using Jama Software, Atlassian Jira and structured documents (like Adobe Structured FrameMaker)
- Lead the revision and creation of product documentation and work products including Safety Plan, Technical Safety Concept, SEooC Definitions and Assumptions, Change Management, Safety Manual, and Safety Requirements
- Lead the revision and creation and Safety Analyses including FMEA, FMEDA and DFA
- Lead company-wide Safety Verification and Validation activities, including fault injection campaigns
- Provide technical leadership for a team of functional safety engineers
- Collaborate with customers, R&D engineers, marketing, safety consultants, and assessors/auditors on Functional Safety activities
- Conduct reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety standards are being met throughout the product development cycles.
- More than 10 years’ experience or equivalent in semiconductor, semiconductor IP, or system-on-chip (SoC) industries
- Semiconductor or semiconductor IP architecture, design and/or verification experience
- Deep knowledge of Functional Safety and related standards, in particular IEC 61508 and ISO 26262.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Formal training in IEC 61508 or ISO 26262 desired.