Job Title: Senior Software Engineering Manager
Location: Campbell, CA USA
Organization: Arteris IP
Date posted: 2019-04-03
Would you like to be part of a team contributing to products that will be used in the next-generation of advanced smartphones, automobiles and other computing devices?
This management position reporting to the VP of Engineering requires a dynamic and self-motivated individual with excellent organizational, and technical skills who can effectively communicate across all levels of management. The ideal candidate will be an experienced leader who is visionary, strategic, technology savvy and skilled in contemporary software technologies and architectures. He will own and drive both development and quality engineering across multiple development teams.
The software engineering manager will assist in the implementation of short and long term projects to achieve strategic company goals. This role will regularly interact with the executive management staff to ensure said objectives are met. Candidates must have the ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in potentially sensitive situations. A thorough understanding of product development and excellent people management skills is also critical.
Manage Arteris’ software team including UI, database, hardware language and other software functions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other Arteris engineering leaders in the evaluation and selection of high-level language for the description/design of Arteris’ next-generation interconnect IP.
- Specify and/or create tools and environment for the development of interconnect IP elements.
- Create the customer-facing UIs, tools and environment that allow customers to configure, verify, simulate, tune, and instantiate their interconnect IP.
- Specify and/or create tools, environments and models for system level modelling and simulation.
- Functional and performance simulation of full interconnect solution using both transaction-level and processor/software-driven models
- Contribute both individually and as a leader to the software team
- Develop team members and mentor more junior ones
- Skilled hands-on individual contributor and engineering leader
- Ability to create an efficient, maintainable software development environment and product software architecture
- Knowledge of modern software development methodologies (eg Agile/Scrum), configuration/release management and quality assurance
- Strong background in software development in connection with delivery of hardware and/or IP products, including internal tools/environments for hardware development and/or customer-facing UIs/tools/environments (eg EDA or EDA-like software)
- In-depth knowledge of at least one modern object oriented language such as C++, Java, Python.
- Familiarity with software modelling/simulation of hardware utilizing SystemC and/or TLM
- Knowledge of scripting languages; i.e., Python, Tcl, Perl, Ruby, et. al.
- BS/MS in Computer Science; or in another engineering/technical discipline with equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years industry experience, ideally with SoC/IP experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a software engineering director or senior manager
- Track record of successful delivery of internal and/or external software products
- Prior start-up experience
- Familiarity with model-driven software architectures and frameworks such as Eclipse Modelling Framework (EMF)
- Familiarity with ARM/MIPS processors/architectures/ecosystems, standard third-party IP interfaces, and/or chip/SoC design
- Knowledge of cache coherency in multi-processor systems
- Experience working from a “blank sheet of paper”
- Experience with development/delivery of software in support of chip, SoC and/or chip IP design