Arteris - Trademark Usage Guidelines
These trademark usage guidelines (“Guidelines”) are for Arteris, Inc. and its applicable subsidiaries (collectively, “Arteris”) licensees, customers, and other parties wishing to use Arteris’s trademarks, service marks or logos (collectively, “Trademarks”) in promotional, advertising, instructional, or reference materials, or on their web sites, products, labels, or packaging. The use of any Trademarks may be prohibited, unless expressly authorized by Arteris.
By using an Arteris Trademark, in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that all rights throughout the world associated with the Arteris Trademarks and all goodwill attached thereto and owned exclusively by Arteris. You promise by your use of an Arteris Trademark, that you will not interfere (or cause others to interfere) with Arteris’s rights in the Trademark, including challenging Arteris’s use, registration of, or application to register such Trademark, alone or in combination with other words, marks or logos, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Arteris Trademark. You agree that any use by you of Trademarks shall inure to the sole benefit of Arteris. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
If you are a licensee of a Trademark and have been provided with special trademark usage guidelines with your license agreement, please follow those guidelines. If your license agreement does not provide usage guidelines, or to the extent there is no conflict between those usage guidelines do not conflict with these Guidelines, then follow these Guidelines.
Authorized Use of Trademarks
The use of Trademarks is licensed nonexclusively by Arteris, subject to Arteris’s applicable trademark license terms and these Guidelines. You may, on a nonexclusive licensed basis, use a Trademark to your product packaging, advertising material or promotional, technical, or other documentation relating to the respective product distributed under license from Arteris, provided that you comply with the following requirements:
- The use reflects favorably on both Arteris and Arteris products or technology.
- Your name and logo must appear equally or more prominently than the Arteris word mark on all printed materials or your website.
- A trademark attribution notice must be included in the credit section giving notice of Arteris’s ownership of its trademark(s). Please refer to the section below titled “Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution.”
- You will upon Arteris request provide Trademark specimen(s) to Arteris to enable Arteris to verify the accurate and appropriate usage of the Trademark.
Unauthorized Use of Trademarks
- You shall not use or register, in whole or in part, any Trademark, including Arteris-owned graphic symbols, logos, icons, or an alteration thereof, as or as part of a company name, trade name, product name, or service name except as specifically noted in these guidelines.
- You shall not use a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent, takeoff, or abbreviation of a Trademark for any purpose.
- You shall not use a Trademark or any other Arteris-owned graphic symbol, logo, or icon in any disparaging or illegal manner.
Rules for Proper Use of Arteris Trademarks
- Correctly mark, format and write the Trademark. Do not abbreviate or alter a Trademark. Trademarks are adjectives used to modify nouns. Use the Trademark only in conjunction with a generic term for the respective product.
- Avoid the use of the Trademark in the possessive or using the Trademark as a verb or in a plural format.
- Always spell and capitalize Trademarks exactly as they are shown in the Arteris’s Trademark List which is updated from time to time. Do not shorten or abbreviate Arteris product names. Do not make up names that contain Trademarks.
- These Guidelines and the Arteris Trademark List will be updated from time to time by Arteris, will be published on the Arteris website, and will be available upon request.
Proper Trademark Notice and Attribution
- Usage of Trademarks Within the United States
Where any Trademark is applied to any product packaging, advertising material or promotional, technical or other documentation relating to any product distributed under license from Arteris in the United States, include the appropriate ™ or ® symbol on first use.
- Usage of Trademarks Outside the United States
Where any Trademark is applied to any product packaging, advertising material and promotional, technical or other documentation relating to the any product distributed under license from Arteris outside of the United States, use the appropriate notices, for example: [FlexNoC is (are)] trademark(s) of Arteris, registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions.
List of Arteris Trademarks: This list of Arteris Trademarks may be updated from time to time.
Correspondence relating to copyrights can be sent using the following contact information:
595 Millich Drive, Suite 200
Campbell, CA 95008 USA