RISC-V is revolutionizing the semiconductor world with its promise of freedom to innovate and enable specialization, fueling the golden age of semiconductors. The world craves smarter, more specialized devices. RISC-V is rising to meet this demand, especially in artificial intelligence and machine learning for automotive, enterprise computing, consumer, communications, and industrial applications, allowing developers to tailor-make solutions to meet specific needs.
But innovation doesn’t exist in a vacuum. As designers innovate with RISC-V, they need tools and partners to bring their visions to life. Arteris is a central player in the chip design ecosystem, providing plug-and-play solutions to connect 100s of re-used and custom-design blocks through its network-on-chip (NoC) technology. It enables seamless integration of RISC-V cores with other IP blocks, ensuring that devices not only work but work efficiently. Unifying various NoC protocols allows developers to focus on their unique differentiation, leaving the NoC complexity to Arteris’ NoC technology with 20+ years of experience. While designers focus on innovating the RISC-V cores, Arteris handles the complexities of inter-chip and intra-chip connectivity, de-risking projects and speeding up the design-to-market process.
In addition, Arteris works closely with IP partners, ensuring a smooth interaction between different components on a chip. Their expertise means they can co-optimize design aspects, ensuring that computing and transport systems work harmoniously. The RISC-V trend, powered by partners like Arteris, is set to transform the semiconductor landscape in a world hungry for more innovative, faster devices.
Arteris' network-on-chip technology ensures effortless integration of RISC-V cores with other IP blocks, making devices functional and efficient.
Expertise in Connectivity
With over 20 years of experience, Arteris simplifies the complexities of inter-chip and intra-chip connectivity, enabling designers to focus on core innovation while accelerating the design-to-market process.
Create highly scalable Ring, Mesh, and Torus topologies and edit generated topologies - in contrast to black box compiler approaches - to optimize each individual network router.
Arteris and SiFive have partnered to accelerate the development of edge AI SoCs for consumer electronics and industrial applications. The partnership combines SiFive’s multi-core RISC-V processor IP and Arteris’ Ncore cache coherent interconnect IP, providing high performance and power efficiency with reduced project schedules and integration costs. The collaboration has led to the development of the SiFive 22G1 X280 Customer Reference Platform, incorporating SiFive X280 processor IP and Arteris Ncore cache coherent interconnect IP on the AMD Virtex UltraScale+ FPGA VCU118 Evaluation Kit.
Semidynamics is a provider of fully customizable RISC-V processor IP and specializes in high bandwidth, high-performance cores with Vector Units, Tensor Units and Gazzillion, and targeted at machine learning and AI applications. Our collaboration enhances the flexibility and highly configurable interoperability of processor IP with system IP, aiming to deliver Integrated and optimized solutions with focus on accelerating artificial intelligence, machine learning and high-performance computing (HPC) applications.
- RISC-V Summit Poster
- Keynote Panel: Chiplets in the RISC-V Ecosystem
- NoCs give architects flexibility in system-in RISC-V design | SemiWiki
- The Freedom to Innovate: Arteris and the Rise of RISC-V | EE Journal
- Pairing RISC-V Cores With NoCs Ties SoC Protocols Together | SemiWiki
- Accelerating RISC-V development with network-on-chip IP | EDN
- FPGA-Proven RISC-V System With Hardware Accelerated Task Scheduling | Semiconductor Engineering
- Press Releases
- Semidynamics and Arteris Partner To Accelerate AI RISC-V System-on-Chip Development | Nov 02, 2023
- Kalray, Arteris, Secure-IC, and Thales, Win the Call for Projects Related to the AI Acceleration Strategy of the “France Relance 2030 – Future Investments” Plan | May 11, 2023
- Tenstorrent Selects Arteris IP for AI High-Performance Computing and Datacenter RISC-V Chiplets | May 02, 2023
- Arteris IP Licensed by Axelera AI to Accelerate Computer Vision at the Edge | Apr 26, 2023
- Arteris and SiFive Partner to Accelerate RISC-V SoC Design of Edge AI Applications | Feb 27, 2023